Welcome to thebookvagrant!

Recent Buys II

By 1:07 PM , , , , , , , , , ,


I recently finally posted my Spring Book Haul, but here we are again. I blame this on the fact that I recently discovered that my library has a tiny little shop where paperbacks are 5 for $1, and I happen to have amazing luck.

Here are the books that I've bought this Summer so far!



SENSE AND SENSIBILITY by Jane Austen
Goodreads | Book Depository
I have a confession to make, I have never read a Jane Austen book. Ever. Not in high school. Not in university. Not in my free time. Never. I have, however, watched what feels like every single adaptation of Pride and Prejudice, and I have loved them all (among my faves are the 2005 movie and The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, which you really need to watch if you haven't already). Now I know this isn't Pride and Prejudice, obviously, but I already own that one. I was trying to decide if I should read Austen by order of popularity (Pride and Prejudice first) or by publication order (Sense and Sensibility first) and since I was unable to decide...well, I bought Sense and Sensibility while I made up my mind. Oops.


GLASS SWORD by Victoria Aveyard
Goodreads | Book Depository
My library is holding a Summer Reading Challenge that my younger brother and I are participating in. One of the prizes was a free book, and between Thirteen Reasons Why (read it), Looking for Alaska (own it), Throne of Glass (read it and own it), and this (don't own or have read it) I chose this. Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book, but I was intrigued enough in the story to want to continue on with the trilogy –– and I'm just happy that I didn't have to spend my own money on it since I'm not even sure I'll actually fully enjoy it.


IN COLD BLOOD by Truman Capote
Goodreads | Book Depository
This is one of the books I read in high school that has stuck with me. It's actually a book that I always keep an eye out for when I go to used bookstores, so needless to say that I was incredibly excited when I saw it on the shelf and I picked it up right away.


SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK by Alvin Schwartz
Goodreads | Book Depository
Admittedly, nostalgia may have been the biggest factor in my decision to pick this one up. I remember reading this during elementary school and being terrified of the stories in it. Flipping through it now, I realize that they're not really that terrifying...at all, but I want to have it in my collection.


TUCK EVERLASTING by Natalie Babbitt
Goodreads | Book Depository
Tuck Everlasting is a children's classic that most people read in elementary school, but I only read it in a Children's Literature class I took during college. Still, it's a book that stuck with me, so I decided to pick it up since it was practically brand new and had my favorite cover.


THE SOULS OF BLACK FOLK by W.E.B. Du Bois
Goodreads | Book Depository
This is another book –– or part of a book, I should say –– that I read in university. I really wanted to pick it up to really read it in its entirety.


FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury
Goodreads | Book Depository
And last but not least, another classic I have yet to read. I've heard great things about Fharenheit 451 and the premise of a world where books are illegal is fascinating to me, as it is I'm sure to most of you as well. Plus, I'm a sucker for older editions of classics, and I just couldn't resist this one.


Those are all of the books I've purchased this month! I am excited to get my hands on Harry Potter and The Cursed Child as well as The Beauty of Darkness later on, but I'll just include those in a future haul since they haven't been released yet.


Also, in case you missed it and want to know what other books I've picked up these last few months, here's my Spring Haul!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels