Welcome to thebookvagrant!

Favorite Contemporaries | Part I

By 8:31 PM , , , , , , ,



I'm making an active attempt to read more contemporaries this year. I normally read mostly fantasy novels  I just really like them, okay  but it can sometimes be draining to read one after another. Occasionally, I need a cute contemporary to lift my spirits and make me believe in the love again. Even if my heart gets shattered into a million pieces in the process looking at you TFiOS!

While my contemporaries collection is still embarrassingly small, I do have some favorites from last year I want to share.












ADORABLE ROMANCE
Fangirl | Rainbow Rowell
          This is the first Rainbow Rowell book I've read and if the rest of her novels are anything like
          this one, I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Fangirl was adorable, heartwarming, and
          relatable. I really, really enjoyed it.

Anna and the French Kiss | Stephanie Perkins
Lola and the Boy Next Door | Stephanie Perkins
Isla and the Happily Ever After | Stephanie Perkins
          Stephanie Perkins is the queen of the adorable contemporaries light, fluffy, heartwarming 
          I-wish that-was-my-boyfriend-and-life contemporaries. Highly recommend her if you are ever 
          having a bad day or if you just need to read something lovely and romantic.

HEARTWARMING SLICE-OF-LIFE
The Perks of Being a Wallflower | Stephen Chbosky
         Heartbreaking, heartwarming, and raw all in one. Breathtaking novel. Everyone should read
         this. I can't convey my love for this novel in words. Just read it if you haven't already. You'll
         thank me. The movie is also a fantastic adaptation by the way. I also highly recommend it.

The Fault in Our Stars | John Green
          I think that unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, this one is pretty self-
          explanatory.

Those are some of my favorite contemporaries. I'm thinking about making a proper TBR blogpost, but among my list I have To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson, and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour also by Morgan Matson. Please let me know if you think I should read any of those I mentioned ASAP – I feel like I'm committing a terrible YA sin by going this long without reading a Morgan Matson book, so I need to get to that.

What are your favorite contemporaries? Are you a newbie like me? Let me know in the comments below!


Check out the video below!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels