Welcome to thebookvagrant!

My First Book Haul!

By 7:02 PM , , , , , , , , ,


Holy book haul! I guess it took me putting together all of these books for me to realize how many I had actually purchased this past month. Here are the books I have bought:



I have been struggling to get back into recreational reading for the past two years. Usually, I would get really invested, read all I could get my hands on, and then as soon as school picked up again, I wouldn't touch a (non-class) novel for months. Now that I am about to graduate (December, please get here fast!) I figured it is time to read and read... and read nonstop. 




Mortal Instruments
The first box set I bought is the ever-so-popular Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I read the first book for the first time a few years ago (or half of it, I guess), but I have never finished it. Hopefully that will change soon!

The Iron Fey
The Iron Fey series is a well-known fairy series in the book loving community. I have read about 1 ½ of the series, and while I do enjoy it, it is definitely not my favorite as of yet. 

Vampire Academy
Another well-known, well-loved series. I don't know why I resisted this series for so long. I have read the first book in the series, Vampire Academy, and I absolutely fell in love with Rose. She is spunky, outspoken and completely badass. While she is a tad bit over-the-top at times, I look forward to seeing her character develop throughout the series and see how she matures into an even more badass guardian.




The Lunar Chronicles
It seems like I've heard about this series from every booktuber on YouTube. I have yet to start this series (I don't know why, don't ask me!), but I cannot wait. The fairytale cyborg aspect of this is so unbelievably intriguing that I may bump it up a few spots on my to-read list.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls
This is an old favorite of mine. I read Shiver and Linger many years ago on the recommendation of a friend in high school and I remember really liking it. I am looking forward to rereading it with fresh eyes and see if I still like it.

Hex Hall
A boarding school where you're taught how to control your powers along with hundreds of other (potentially dangerous) magical beings? What's not to like. I am currently halfway done with the first book and I am enjoying it. Sophie's voice is likable and I find the overall narrative appealing. Look forwards for a series review soon!

Along for the Ride
I got this as a free gift after an eBay seller messed up my order. I have heard a lot of Sarah Dessen, but I have never really been attracted to her books. This one is really far down on my to-read list at the moment.

Insurgent
Love, love, love! I picked this up to have a physical copy in my collection (I have it on my Kindle, but my Kindle is currently destroyed.)

Anna and the French Kiss
Again, another book that booktubers made me buy. So many have raved about this and picked it as their favorite easy, summer read. I just couldn't resist.

Rebel Belle
Yes, another book that booktube made me buy. It is described as funny, witty and action packed. Cannot wait to dig into this one!


Let me know if you guys want me to do any video reviews on any of these books and don't forget to check out My First Book Haul on YouTube!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels