Welcome to thebookvagrant!

Document Your Life | January 2015

By 10:05 PM , , ,


"A video project about the little things

Document Your Life is an online video project that will hopefully make you notice the beautiful little things in the world, and inspire you to live your life to the fullest. The idea is that you film short clips of the best things you've seen & done, and compile them into a monthly video."


I have seen this around for a while, but it wasn't until this year (or two days ago to be exact) that I decided to participate. 

As many of you know, I spent the holidays out of the country with my family. I filmed so much footage, and I had no idea what to really do with it. Especially since most of it was of my family, and they'd never allow me to post their faces online (they'd probably kill me -- in my sleep -- and feel absolutely no remorse about it -- okay, okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but you get the point.)

I still wanted to have something to share because well -- this is the internet and it's what I do. (*Remember the days when your parents told you never to share personal information online because everyone on the internet was a 45-year-old pervert. Ha!) This is when, as I was browsing through my YouTube feed, I saw a video for the Document Your Life Project. The idea seemed so fun, and adventurous, and it gave me something to do with the footage I had filmed (the family-free footage -- I don't have a death wish, folks!) 

Basically, this is my really long-winded way of saying: I am participating in the Document Your Life Project this year (obviously). I figured this would be a great way to "notice the little things" in my life, and maybe inspire me to get my nose out of the books and live a little -- maybe I'll live some of the adventures I love to read about (still hoping for my Hogwarts letter, yes!) But even if I don't do anything particularly life changing, I still want to have something to look back on in a year, 10 years, or maybe even 50 years. 

So I'm doing this. Monthly. And hopefully I will have some adventures to share, but more likely you'll just get shots of coffee, resumes, job applications, and tears -- and that's fine. That's my life right now, and it'll be something to look back on and smile about in a few years...hopefully. 

Now without further ado, here is how my January went: 


PS: If you are also Documenting Your Life this year feel free to share it in the comment section down below -- I'd love to see it!


Document Your Life is a project started by blogger Lauren Hannah  in 2013. Check it out!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Labels